5 Important Facts About Carbs
1. How Many Carbs Does Our Body Need?
- The answer is NONE – ZERO!
- We need 20 essential amino acids and for that we need proteins.
- We need minerals. (Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, etc.)
- We need vitamins.
- There are NO essential carbs. We don’t need them. Our body will obtain the necessary blood sugars and carbs from fat and proteins.
2. They are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!
- There is no inner mechanism to stop eating them once you start.
- It’s well known that there is a serious dependency to sodas and other refinded sugars.
3. There are no addictions to salami, eggs, pork chops and spinach. Why?
- Because they are “real foods” and our body is fully capable of processing them.
- We have an internal system that prevents us from overeating them.
- Sorry I can’t win the 72 oz Steak Challenge in Texas
Conversely, why is it that we can’t stop eating crackers, ice cream, pop, chips and Pringles?
4. They are ALREADY PROCESSED!
- Our digestive system, our food processor, barely needs to work.
- The rule of minimal effort, lots of energy, at low cost.
- Our “reward center” in our brain is proud of us.
- We are attracted to these “super fuels” even subconsciously.
5. The Culprit … Insulin!
- Our level of blood sugar/carbs is very limited.
- 100mg/dl = only 7 grams of sugar is circulating in our bodies at any given time.
- When you consume carbs they rapidly turn into blood sugars.
- We know that elevated blood sugars/diabetes damages our vital organs
- Insulin, over simplified, is the delivery boy and has strict instructions.
- Take the sugar out of the blood!
- Put them in ALL THE CELLS OF THE BODY!
Did I say “ALL the cells of the body”? Yes … and that includes the fat cells.
Insulin forces sugar / energy into your fat cells.